Public Works / Engineering
The Public Works/Engineering Department performs the following functions:
- Develops plans and specifications for public works projects and oversees the City’s capital improvement programs.
- Issues permits and performs plan checks and inspections for work authorized within the public right-of-way.
- Checks plans for compliance with codes and inspects grading, paving and utility installations for new commercial and residential development.
- Develops and maintains the City’s Geographic Information System (GIS).
- Coordinates National Pollution Discharge Elimination System requirements with Los Angeles County, Regional Water Quality Control Board, residents, developers and city staff.
- Coordinates with Redevelopment Agency to abate environmental concerns on acquired properties.
- Assists Public Safety Director on city emergency preparedness program.
- Bid Documents
- Bid Results