Maintaining the health and safety of our residents is our first priority. Temporary limitations on City operations and facilities have been put in place to protect our community and are in effect until further notice.
Please follow the City on social media and check back here for the latest updates on reopening and other changes.
- Duarte Fitness Center
- Open at 10% capacity effective Monday, March 22, per L.A. County public health orders. Community members must wear face masks at all times and can expect for their temperature to be checked upon arrival.
- Duarte Teen Center
- Open effective Monday, April 5, at reduced capacity. Masks are required and guest temperatures will be checked upon arrival.
- Available outdoors only effective Monday, April 5. Masks required.
The Duarte Pool is open for Lap Swim only during the following hours:
- Monday - Friday: 6:30-8 AM & 11 AM - 1 PM
- Monday - Thursday: 6-8 PM
- Saturday - Sunday: 11 AM - 1 PM
For the safety and well-being of all members and staff, we ask that you:
- Not come to the pool if you are sick
- Wear a face covering when out of the water
- Stay 6 feet apart from others
- Wear your bathing suit to and from your home to limit patrons in the locker rooms
- Bring exact change for cash payment to limit time at the cashier counter
Visit the Virtual Recreation Center for resources and activities to enjoy from home!
- Closed Indoor Facilities:
- Senior Center
- Teen Center (reopening on Monday, April 5 with modifications)
- Community Center (new reservations are not being taken at this time)
- Royal Oaks Park Building (new reservations are not being taken at this time)
- Duarte Park Building
- Closed Play and Sports Amenities:
- Basketball courts
- Volleyball courts
- Skate Park
- Sports Park
- Suspended/Canceled Programs:
- Supervised Parks at Beardslee and Royal Oaks Parks
- In-person Recreational activities and classes
- Indoor and outdoor sports leagues
- Aquatics classes
If enjoying Duarte parks and trails, please ensure you are following safety practices and guidelines: wear a face covering, maintain 6 feet of distance from others, avoid touching your face and wash your hands immediately upon returning home. Please review our What You Need to Know About COVID-19 webpage for more guidance on protecting yourself and others.
- All Duarte parks and restrooms are open during regular hours of sunrise to 10 PM
- As of October 8, the City of Duarte reopened playground and fitness equipment in accordance with State and County guidelines: all visitors over the age of 2 must wear a face masks; eating and drinking is prohibited on the playground; visitors must wash or sanitize their hands before and after playground use; six feet of physical distance between all visitors from different households.
- The Donald and Bernice Watson Recreation Trail and the Encanto Nature Walk are open.
- All in-person senior programs have been canceled until further notice.
- The Duarte Senior Center frozen lunch pick-up program has reached maximum capacity. If you are interested in being placed on a waiting list for the program, please call Intervale Senior Services at (626) 214-9443.
- The Senior Food Bank (ages 60+) has as a drive-thru program from 12 to 2 PM every fourth Thursday of the month in the Duarte Senior Center parking lot. Please wear masks and remember to keep a 6 feet of social distance from others. The program is currently closed for enrollment. To join the waiting list, please contact the L.A. Food Bank at (323) 647-7208.
- City Hall is open by appointment only. Call (626) 357-7931 to make an appointment if you need permits, inspections, business licenses, reloading a TAP card or other similar services.
- Note: TAP cards can also be reloaded at the Duarte/City of Hope Metro Gold Line Station or TAP website.
- Visitors to City Hall will be required to wear masks, have their temperature taken upon entrance into the building and to social distance while receiving services.
- City staff are still available to answer your questions via phone and email during regular business hours (Monday - Thursday, 7:30 AM to 6 PM)
- Dog licenses are not being sold at City Hall until further notice. See the required documents and payment method in the Dog License Special Notice.
City Council Meetings continue at 7 PM on the second and fourth Mondays each month. In accordance with Executive Order N-25-20, meetings are being held via teleconferencing rather than in-person.
Here’s how you can participate:
- The Planning Commission continues to meet on Mondays.
- All other commission meetings are canceled until further notice.
The City resumed street sweeping and overnight parking enforcement on February 1 after the rollback of L.A. County and the State's stay at home orders.
- The Public Safety Office maintains regularly scheduled hours until further notice:
- Monday - Thursday: 7:30 AM. to 6 PM
- Friday & Saturday: 7:30 AM to 4 PM
- The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department (LASD) has enhanced patrol in Duarte. In addition to providing general safety, LASD prevents Duarte businesses from being burglarized and checks in with our homebound seniors.
- In case of an emergency, always dial 9-1-1
- Please report non-emergency incidents, such as the ones below, through the Sheriff’s Online Report Tracking System
- Lost or stolen cell phones valued $950 or less
- Lost or stolen property, including cell phones, valued $950 or less
- Vandalism, excluding graffiti, where damage is valued under $400
- Theft from an unlocked vehicle valued $950 or less
- Theft from an open or unsecured area valued $950 or less