Maintaining the health and safety of our residents is our first priority. Temporary limitations on City operations and facilities have been put in place to protect our community and are in effect until further notice.
Please follow the City on social media and check back here for the latest updates on reopening and other changes.
Effective Monday, July 13, the Duarte Fitness Center is closed. The Duarte Pool is open for Lap Swim only during the following hours:
- Monday - Friday: 6:30-8 AM & 11 AM - 1 PM
- Monday - Thursday: 6-8 PM
- Saturday - Sunday: 11 AM - 1 PM
For the safety and well-being of all members and staff, we ask that you:
- Not come to the pool if you are sick
- Wear a face covering when out of the water
- Stay 6 feet apart from others
- Wear your bathing suit to and from your home to limit patrons in the locker rooms
- Bring exact change for cash payment to limit time at the cashier counter
Please see the Duarte Summer Roundup for details on continuing and canceled events. Visit the Virtual Recreation Center for resources and activities to enjoy from home!
- Closed Indoor Facilities:
- Fitness Center (pool open for Lap Swim only–Hours are listed above)
- Senior Center
- Teen Center (new reservations are not being taken at this time)
- Community Center (new reservations are not being taken at this time)
- Royal Oaks Park Building (new reservations are not being taken at this time)
- Duarte Park Building
- Closed Play and Sports Amenities:
- Fitness equipment
- Basketball courts
- Volleyball courts
- Skate park
- Suspended/Canceled Programs:
- Supervised Parks at Beardslee and Royal Oaks Parks
- In-person Recreational activities and classes
- Indoor and outdoor sports leagues
- Aquatics classes
If enjoying Duarte parks and trails, please ensure you are following safety practices and guidelines: wear a face covering, maintain 6 feet of distance from others, avoid touching your face and wash your hands immediately upon returning home. Please review our What You Need to Know About COVID-19 webpage for more guidance on protecting yourself and others.
- All Duarte parks and restrooms are open during regular hours of sunrise to 10 PM (NOTE: All playgrounds and exercise equipment remain closed, in accordance with county and state public orders.)
- The Donald and Bernice Watson Recreation Trail and the Encanto Nature Walk are open.
- All in-person senior programs have been canceled until further notice.
- The Duarte Senior Center frozen lunch pick-up program has reached maximum capacity. If you are interested in being placed on a waiting list for the program, please call Intervale Senior Services at (626) 214-9443.
- The Senior Food Bank (ages 60+) has as a drive-thru program from 12 to 2 PM every fourth Thursday of the month in the Duarte Senior Center parking lot. Please wear masks and remember to keep a 6 feet of social distance from others. The program is currently closed for enrollment. To join the waiting list, please contact the L.A. Food Bank at (323) 647-7208.
- City Hall is open by appointment only. Call (626) 357-7931 to make an appointment if you need permits, inspections, business licenses, reloading a TAP card or other similar services.
- Note: TAP cards can also be reloaded at the Duarte/City of Hope Metro Gold Line Station or TAP website.
- Visitors to City Hall will be required to wear masks, have their temperature taken upon entrance into the building and to social distance while receiving services.
- City staff are still available to answer your questions via phone and email during regular business hours (Monday - Thursday, 7:30 AM to 6 PM)
- Dog licenses are not being sold at City Hall until further notice. See the required documents and payment method in the Dog License Special Notice.
City Council Meetings continue at 7 PM on the second and fourth Mondays each month. In accordance with Executive Order N-25-20, meetings are being held via teleconferencing rather than in-person.
Here’s how you can participate:
- The Planning Commission continues to meet on Mondays.
- All other commission meetings are canceled until further notice.
- The City stopped enforcing street sweeping restrictions on Friday, March 20.
- On Saturday, August 1, the City of Duarte and the Los Angeles Sheriff's Department will resume enforcing "no 3 AM - 6 AM parking" and street sweeping parking restrictions.
- Written warnings will be issued in lieu of the $60 fee until July 31.
- Restrictions such as R.V. parking, and other safety violations of the California Vehicle Code and Municipal Code are still being enforced.
- The Public Safety Office maintains regularly scheduled hours until further notice:
- Monday - Thursday: 7:30 AM. to 6 PM
- Friday & Saturday: 7:30 AM to 4 PM
- The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department (LASD) has enhanced patrol in Duarte. In addition to providing general safety, LASD prevents Duarte businesses from being burglarized and checks in with our homebound seniors.
- In case of an emergency, always dial 9-1-1
- Please report non-emergency incidents, such as the ones below, through the Sheriff’s Online Report Tracking System
- Lost or stolen cell phones valued $950 or less
- Lost or stolen property, including cell phones, valued $950 or less
- Vandalism, excluding graffiti, where damage is valued under $400
- Theft from an unlocked vehicle valued $950 or less
- Theft from an open or unsecured area valued $950 or less